Sunday, June 5, 2011

Friday Night 'Lights....On Sunday

My friend Lindsay has started a fun, bloggy thing called "Friday Night 'Lights". I have never watched that football show, though I always hear people RAVE about it. It is what inspired Lindsay, though our "'Lights" are actually summer highlights. It is just a chance to show a weekly recap of the summer fun we've been having with our families. I'm all for posterity, and I'm all for summer fun, so here is my recap of the week! I will include pictures when I can, but some things will not have them. Even though pictures are way more fun.

1. We spent Memorial Day weekend celebrating with college friends and family. And discovered Hebrew National hot dogs, which easily kick every other hot dog's butt.

2. Paul and I celebrated our 9th anniversary. I'm sure next year we will do something big and awesome, but I'd say we dated well this week. And we ate really, really well. The girls even spent one night at Memaw and Papa's, so it was like a getaway in our own house.


Paul shows off the Christina Plate at George's Cafe...our Mediterranean lunch after visiting the farmer's market. Look at that plate of feta cheese. Be still my heart.


I ate George's Specialty...Dolmas, baba ganoush, and hummus. It felt like the right thing to do.


On our anniversary, walking on ISU's campus where it all began. Don't we look like young, fresh college students in love?

3. We played Legos.


Had a Daddy-Daughter car wash.


And learned how to walk in Big Sissy's high heels.



4. Abigail went fishing with her Papa. She learned about "The One That Got Away" and did not think that was very cool.

5. Abigail learned to be thankful for a Sno-Cone.....or you go home without a Sno-Cone.

6. We went swimming as a family, which means it was Officially Hot, because Amy only goes swimming when it is Officially Hot.

What a very fun week it was! I love summer with my family, and I look forward to sharing it with you!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

LOVE all of this!! :) I'm salivating over your anniversary dinner. (I've never eaten Meditteranean food. Might need to do something about that.) Plus, I *love* the picture of Sadie trying on Abigail's princess shoes. :)

I'm planning to document any lessons we learn, as well. I figured since I've abbreviated 'lights, it can be highlights or lowlights... ;)

Thanks for doing this with me! I'm really looking forward to following along with your summer!