Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Status Updates

I could write a hundred Facebook status updates about this day.

Amy Cooper does not like waking up at 4:00 a.m. But once I'm up, I kind of want to text everyone to make them be up with me.

Amy Cooper thinks being induced is like checking into a hotel. There are no contractions yet, and you walk to the desk like, "Hi, I'm here to have a baby" and they are all like, "Right this way, dear. We've been waiting for you." And then I think "Be Our Guest" plays over the hospital loudspeaker.

Amy Cooper realizes that IVs and my left hand do not get along well. With two births now, my veins blow up and it's really ugly. And then I come really, really close to passing out, which is a great way to start things off.

Amy Cooper cries a lot when she realizes that things aren't going to move slow and peaceful. They are going to move fast and peaceful, which is a little overwhelming. Water broke (gushing is gross), first pitocin contraction, and epidural being inserted all at the same moment make for a major freaking out in my head.

Amy Cooper is able to have a baby, start to finish, in three hours. When someone tells you, "Three pushes and we were done", they aren't just bragging. They are still in shock.

Amy Cooper thinks seeing her husband proudly holding their new daughter is a gorgeous sight.

Amy Cooper touched a placenta, against my better judgment.

Amy Cooper thinks every newborn baby is beautiful, but especially mine. :)

Amy Cooper could eat non-stop for 24 hours and I didn't even work that hard.

Amy Cooper saw Abigail be the most precious big sister today, and for just a second, wanted her to be that newborn baby in her arms again.

Amy Cooper has lots of people who love her family. Like lots and lots and lots.

Amy Cooper changed the channel when "Family Guy" came on, and taught Sadie her first important life lesson....we don't watch "Family Guy."

Amy Cooper is singing praise songs to Sadie in a tired voice. And Sadie is looking at her bright-eyed, as if to say, "I'm not sure who this creature is, but I think I like her."

Amy Cooper admits that last night she had a moment before bed of being scared, and told Paul "I like being just the three of us." Then today she laughed when she thought, What if Michelle Dugger said that every time she had a baby? "I like just being a family of 17. I'm not ready to be a family of 18."

Amy Cooper really should have taken a nap this afternoon when Sadie was getting cleaned up in the nursery.

Amy Cooper is using a pacifier with Sadie already today, and is not going to feel guilty about it like I did with Abigail.

Amy Cooper has a baby who is crying in her bassinet right now, and needs to quit making status updates. I'm going to go cuddle instead.

4 comments:

One English Teacher said...

I love these statuses. It would be hard to pick a favorite. I hope you enjoy some nice laid-back snuggling time over the next few days with both of your precious girls.

Heather Kay said...

Love this! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I think your baby ticker is officially out of date! :) ~Alison

amypfan said...

I am so, so happy for you! My little guy will be induced this coming Monday. Looks like we both made it!!