Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Closing In, Storing Up

I have two weeks until my due date. I have gotten the go-ahead from two doctors to be induced next week (at 39 weeks) if I choose to be. I haven't decided that yet, and will take the next week scrutinizing every little ache and pain to see if it was "for real this time."

I think this week I will work on cuddling my daughter as much as possible. Just to store up. Considering she starts just about every morning with climbing into bed next to me and saying, "Mommy, put your feet on the floor," it doesn't always lend itself toward the morning cuddles. But then we go out to the couch and burrow under a blanket and she says, "Let's snuggle." And we do, even if it's just for a few minutes until she jumps up to go torture the cat or play in her room. It's a few minutes of wonderful every morning, and I'm trying to store up. Not that I'm expecting cuddles and snuggles to stop when the baby arrives....I just want to remember for this one moment what it was like when it was "just us."

No comments: