Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Words, Words, Words....or Lack Thereof

There are some things that I remember being much cooler when I was younger. The one I am thinking of at the moment is Disney's Fantasia. We took Abigail last weekend to see Disney on Ice as an early birthday present. It was so fun, and I'll even admit almost getting teary-eyed as every single ever-lovin' Disney character skated out in the beginning to "Be Our Guest." Sometimes I anticipate in my head how she is viewing something for the first time, and the excitement can be overwhelming to me. Have any of you been living vicariously through your kids lately? No? Just me?



A few of the characters in the show were from Disney's Fantasia. We had to explain to Abigail that when Mickey put on his wizard's outfit, it was from a special movie that Mickey was in a long-time ago. And then there were all the glow-in-the-dark dancing brooms....it really was a cool sight to see.


So, yesterday, Paul and Abigail went to the library and brought home a few things, one of them being Fantasia. We have been watching it for the last thirty minutes, and as much as I love all of the music from the Nutcracker Suite, I don't really remember....all...the...music....

Abigail has been watching patiently, and just a few minutes ago, said the words that we both were thinking. "When's it gonna get good?"

But wait! Here comes Wizard Mickey and his dancing brooms! I wish I could say I was more cultured to be introducing her to such fabulous symphonic melodies, but we really were just waiting for Mickey. Maybe the culture will come through osmosis.

1 comment:

amypfan said...

We went to see this too, and I LOVED it! Mickey's brooms were the best.