Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Just a Few Points

Sometimes I just love the look of a list. So today, I shall make one.

1. The Halls have been Decked. We put up Christmas decorations last night at home. We have started earlier ever since we moved into the parsonage. It just has so much more room to be festive than our old house did. The tree is up, lights are on, nativity in place. I find this time of year that I don't have nearly enough "flat surfaces" in my home....you know, the places to put all of the cute little snowmen and candles and multiple nativities. We have the top of our piano and the top of our tv. That is just about it, so a lot of really cute decorations usually do not get put out. Boo. However, Paul and I both fell asleep in the living room last night to the light of the tree, and I think it is just about the coziest feeling in the world.

2. Abigail has rediscovered Tiny the Elf. You can read my post from last year about Tiny if you want, but to be concise, Tiny WAS the Elf on the Shelf in our house 25 years ago, before Elf on the Shelf had a store or a website to call home. I would still like to submit that it was my mom's original idea, but it was at least the idea of tired mamas everywhere who needed a little elf help. We got out our little ceramic Tiny last night, and he stayed awake all night watching Abigail sleep to report to Santa that she slept well. She seems a lot more ready to play with him this year (she is currently helping him ski down the Christmas tree), so I hope he can survive the season intact.

3. My 30 days of meals is going quite well, one week in! Thanks for all who have sent recipes. I made a cute little calendar to hang on the fridge, and have stuck to it. I have actually loved having a plan for each night....not having to make excuses, not having to scramble at the last minute. I just look at the calendar, and that is what I make. I think it has brought a little corner of peace to my mealtime madness.

4. Picture day today! My friend Hilary is coming today to take pictures for family Christmas/Abigail's birthday/pregnancy. She is excellent at her skill. I still remember her winning all of the blue ribbons at the 4-H fair when we were younger with her amateur photography, and she has crafted it well. Even on a blustery, rainy day like today, I trust that we will have some pretty photos to show you soon!

5. I've been doing a new Bible study lately called Knowing God by Name by Mary Kassian. I'm not very far into it yet, but I have certainly enjoyed meditating on God as Yahweh, Elohim, and Adonai. I want to know God better in His glory and majesty....and be able to pray those characteristics by title.

6. Please be in prayer for us over our Muncie home. I haven't had the need to write about it lately, but in a nutshell, we have been selling it on an 18-month contract. The couple buying the house is 15 months into the contract, and have so far been wonderful. They have made their payments on time every month, and we have not had a single issue with them. We are so desperate to be free of this house we moved out of two and a half years ago, and I was starting to see a much needed light at the end of the tunnel.
Then, two days ago, we received notification in the mail that the lady living in the house is filing for bankruptcy. NOT the news we wanted at this stage of the game....or any other stage, for that matter. The couple is not married, as far as I know, so we just don't know any answers as far as how this will affect his responsibility in things, if they will be able to continue to make payments, if he will be able to get financing in his name without her, etc. We may be once again, getting this house back and starting payments all over again until we can find a new buyer. We were really hoping these would be our buyers. We just don't know what happens from here, and have to do things we don't want to do, like talk to attorneys. I'm sure you understand this needs much prayer right now.....God will make a way somehow, and we will get through this, but it has been a damper on our week.

That's what I've got for you.....six points! Doesn't a list look so pretty and official, though? I'm off to make breakfast for us so we have pretty smiles for our pictures!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Aw, Amy, thank you for your confidence in me...It was great hanging out with you & your beautiful family today...Love you! :)