Monday, August 24, 2009

Flying

Whew, has it been a busy few days! At the end of last week, we took a little two-day vacation up to South Bend, IN to see our friends Allan and April. I'll write more about it when I can post pictures, too, as they tell more than I could. Alas, Paul is the picture guy around this house, and I am terribly inept at knowing how to do anything that involves taking out a memory card, putting it into the computer, and editing the pictures. I think it is one of his spiritual gifts, and you know, I wouldn't want to take that away from him.

In a recap, we visited the gorgeous campus of Notre Dame (complete with Touchdown Jesus). We spent Friday at the beach at Lake Michigan. It was a terribly windy, chilly day for the beach, but Abigail stripped down to her princess swimsuit and played with gusto. So, I know in my memory, it will be this great day we had at the beach, not with me wrapped in a sweatshirt, avoiding sand blowing in my face. And Saturday, we went to the South Bend Chocolate Company for truly mediocre service, but pretty good bagel and coffee. It was a really fun, packed, exhausting trip. I feel like I am still catching up on my sleep two days later.

Now I am wondering, hello August? Where are you rushing off to, and taking my time and all of my friends back to school? Don't get me wrong...I am a fall girl through and through, so I am more than happy to have a few extra crisp days, as fall is too fast itself. I just really don't understand why time is moving at warped speed these days, and stretching my three-year-old along with it.

And this concludes my weekend recap and rant to August. The end.

No comments: