Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some Archives

I have a plan, folks. A plan to streamline my computer usage. As of late, I think that will mean closing my myspace account. I have become a much bigger fan of Facebook over the last year or so, and now I hardly even check my myspace account. The only thing I really liked about myspace to begin with was blogging, and now that I have filled that void in my life here, I don't have much need to keep it up there!

Mostly so I still have the blogs I wrote on there (just the important ones, not the 94 surveys I did while wide awake at 12:30 at night), I am going to post them here. Then I will still have the memories. They are mostly of my first year as a parent, or about being married to a WWE fan. I'll start from the beginning and go from there over the next few days. Enjoy!

May 12, 2006
My first Mother's Day...in advance

Disclaimer: The following blog is written by a new mommy. It is in no way meant to inflict guilt on any of it's readers, only smiles. Unless, of course, you forgot what this Sunday is. In that case, may your guilt begin.

Okay, guys, it's here. Hallmark has been telling you about it since Valentine's Day ended, I'm sure. I love those little reminder posters they put everywhere. Considering Easter and St. Patty's Day don't register too high on the card-giving totem pole, Mother's Day has been long awaited for all of you who are sitting in nail-biting suspense of another day to buy a card. I love what comedian Jim Gaffigan says about buying cards....that it is such an obscure way to appreciate someone. To go to a card store, read one, and go, "Yeah, that sounds like something I would say. "

Anyway, when you have a baby, your first Mother's Day is like anticipating, oh, birthday's 16, 18, AND 21 all together. Maybe it is just me, but when you have the experience of pregnancy, labor, birth, and diaper changes, you feel like you deserve a darn good card. And just about any other little thing your heart desires. Oh, I'm sure the year will come when my kids are older and their after-prom activities always fall on Mother's Day (as mine always did) and you learn to say, "Oh, it's no big deal." But I'm not that sacrificial yet. :) I am excited to say it is my first Mommy's Day and I am going to milk this puppy. I told Paul the wish list of things "Abigail" could get me, and I have already been taken out to eat. We went out with friends in Indy last night to Buca di Beppo, which is SO GOOD. The best Italian I have ever had. Anyway, I don't think it was planned to be my Mother's Day meal, but we got a little crazy as we can do with friends, and were like, "Appetizers? Sure! Entrees? Make it a double! Piece of cheesecake the size of my forearm? Bring it on!" Anyway, it was a meal that holds you over for a while on the bill if you get my drift. But it was WONDERFUL.

My only other request was that, aside from going to church, we don't make any plans on Sunday. Because, hey everybody, it's my FIRST MOTHER'S DAY. It's like this wonderful holiday that, before being a mom, makes you say, "Uh-oh. It's Saturday, it's 10 p.m., and I forgot to get a card for Mom. (Did you not see Hallmark's signs?????) Guess I'll run to Wal-Mart and see what's left of the cards and pick up a Snickers or something." Uh uh. Not here. I have been looking forward to this one. And it's off to a great start. I'll let you know what "Abigail" gets me.

And only one more month til she gets to buy Paul his first glow-in-the-dark, light up, "Best Father Ever" TIE!!!!

No comments: