Monday, January 10, 2011

Blogless in Seattle

Oh, hey. I just remembered I have a blog. I guess I should be like most bloggers and tell you all about our holidays, but....meh. They were good.

Hey, how about a list of things lately?

1. My husband broke his hand playing football. Now, you can imagine the reason I'm so sad about this is because HE WON'T BE PLAYING FOOTBALL. Yes, I'm heartbroken. He's been playing with a group of guys on Saturday mornings for years. I guess it was just a matter of time. Oh, he will try to act all bummed and put out over it, but don't think he didn't get that cd of x-rays in his hot little bandaged hand and post those pictures on facebook STAT. Priorities, people.

Honestly, I just like to picture him pounding the pulpit with a cast.

2. I've been babysitting two kids in addition to my two, so yes, your math is correct, I am caring for four. Only twice a week, so it's definitely doable. The boy is Abigail's age, and the girl is also named Sadie and born one week before my Sadie. So I basically have twins with the same name. Except my Sadie is still bald as an eagle, and the other Sadie has thick, black pigtails. PIGTAILS. I do think I've seen my Sadie trying to touch them longingly.

3. I began organizing our tax things last night. Just began to, so don't praise me or anything. It is annually my job to do all of the organizing ahead and Paul's job to actually do the taxes. I think my job is harder. In some strange way, though, I kind of like the organizing part. It feels good. But every year, I think I am going to stay on top of it all year through and not put it off until January. But then I do. Put it off til January, that is.

4. Sadie is learning all sorts of things lately. She is SO close to standing on her own without hanging on to anything. She cruises everywhere around the room. She points to her tongue, nose, eyes, hair, and ears (though her favorite is definitely her tongue). She tries to say "Abigail" but it usually sounds like "A-gah" or "A-bi". She makes me melt all the time....except for last night when she decided midnight to 2:30 a.m. was party time. The only thing melting then were my dreams of getting a full night of sleep.

5. We have a chili cook-off coming up at my church, which I am super excited about. I love chili cook-offs because NO ONE makes chili the same. Which leads me to ask, how do you make yours? Beany? Soupy? Thick? Spicy? Sweet? With spaghetti?

That is all. Hugs.

No comments: